Gynecology and Obstetrics Medical Group
OB/GYN located in Long Beach, CA
Dr. Taymour has chosen to partner with Biote because we believe our patients deserve the best. The Biote Method is backed by deep experience and scientific research.
• The Biote Method centers around the idea of personalized, precision care. The way your
body works, the symptoms you experience, and how your body responds to BHRT are all
unique – Dr. Taymour will develop an individualized treatment plan for you based on your body’s specific needs
What is Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy?
• As we age, our bodies naturally start to reduce the amount of hormones like
testosterone and estrogen they produce.
• Hormones such as these are incredibly important to how many areas of your body
function – such as your brain, heart, bones, reproductive organs, and more.
• When these hormones are out of balance, people can experience a number of different
• Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) is a method of restoring the balance
of your hormones and aiming to relieve these symptoms, using compounded hormones
that are identical in structure to those your body naturally produces. That way, your
body recognizes and uses these replacement hormones in exactly the same way it
would hormones it produces naturally.
The Biote Method of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
• The Biote Method of hormone optimization is the result of condensing over 80 years of
scientific research into a program that may help with the earliest signs of aging.
• The Biote Method uses pellets, which are about the size of a grain of rice, for hormone
optimization. Dr. Taymour inserts these tiny pellets under the skin during a simple, in-office procedure.
• The pellets will then dissolve slowly over time – they only need to be re-administered
approximately every 3-5 months, depending on the patient.
• As the pellets dissolve, they release a steady stream of hormones into your
bloodstream, which your body will then use as it needs. Over time, the pellets will be
completely absorbed, leaving nothing behind.
The Importance of Hormone Balance
• Most women see a significant drop in estrogen and testosterone during menopause,
while many men may experience a similar phenomenon relating to testosterone, known
as andropause or more commonly as Low T (low testosterone).
• Hormonal imbalances occur when there is too much or too little of a hormone in the
• Hormones are important for regulating most major bodily processes. Because of their
essential role in the body, even the smallest hormonal imbalance can cause side effects
throughout the body.
Hormone Imbalance Symptoms for Women:
• Night sweats*
• Hot flashes or flushes*
• Decreased sex drive*
• Weight gain*
• Trouble sleeping*
• Mood swings*
• Brain fog*
• Low mood*
• Decreased bone mass*
• Discomfort during intercourse*
Hormone Imbalance Symptoms for Men:
• Low sex drive*
• Loss of muscle mass*
• Increased body fat (especially in the waist area) *
• Mood changes*
• Elevated blood sugar*
• Feelings of stress or anxiety*
• High cholesterol*
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These
products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
• Getting started with hormone optimization is easy!
• Contact us today to discuss if you may be a good candidate for hormone optimization – you will fill out a simple health assessment and schedule bloodwork to evaluate your current hormone levels.
• Dr. Taymour will review your lab results with you and develop a personalized care plan based on your results and health goals.
• Most people see results after their first round of pellets, however it many take up to
two pellet insertions before experiencing their desired results.
Abnormal Bleedingmore info
Menopause Managementmore info
Pelvic Painmore info
Uterine Fibroidsmore info
Vaginal Drynessmore info
STD Testingmore info
Family Planningmore info
Hormone Replacement Therapymore info
Hormone Balance (bioTE)more info