Gynecology and Obstetrics Medical Group
OB/GYN located in Long Beach, CA
What is Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy?
- As we age, our bodies naturally start to reduce the amount of hormones like testosterone and estrogen they produce.
- Hormones such as these are incredibly important to how many areas of your body function – such as your brain, heart, bones, reproductive organs and more.
- When these hormones are out of balance, people can experience a number of different symptoms.
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) is a method of restoring the balance of your hormones and aiming to relieve these symptoms, using compounded hormones that are identical in structure to those your body naturally produces.
The Biote Method of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
- The Biote Method of hormone optimization is the result of condensing over 80 years of scientific research into a program that may help with the earliest signs of aging.
- The Biote Method uses pellets, which are about the size of a grain of rice, for hormone optimization. Dr. Taymour inserts these tiny pellets under the skin during a simple, in-office procedure.
- The pellets will then dissolve slowly over time – they only need to be re-administered approximately every 3-5 months, depending on the patient.
- As the pellets dissolve, they release a steady stream of hormones into your bloodstream, and will ultimately be completely absorbed, leaving nothing behind.
The Importance of Hormone Balance
- Most women see a significant drop in estrogen and testosterone during menopause, while many men may experience a similar phenomenon relating to testosterone, known as andropause.
- Hormonal imbalances occur when there is too much or too little of a hormone in the bloodstream.
- Hormones are important for regulating most major bodily processes. Because of their essential role in the body, even the smallest hormonal imbalance can cause side effects throughout the body.
Hormone Imbalance Symptoms for Women:
- Night sweats
- Hot flashes or flushes
- Decreased sex drive
- Weight gain
- Trouble sleeping
- Mood swings
- Low mood
- Discomfort during intercourse
Hormone Imbalance Symptoms for Men:
- Low sex drive
- Loss of muscle mass
- Increased body fat (especially in the waist area)
- Decreased bone mass
- Mood changes
- Low mood
- Brain fog
- Elevated blood sugar
- High cholesterol
- Getting started with hormone optimization is easy!
- Contact us today to discuss if you may be a good candidate for hormone optimization – you will fill out a simple health assessment and schedule bloodwork to evaluate your current hormone levels.
- Dr. Taymour will review your lab results with you and develop a personalized care plan based on your results and health goals.
- Most people see results after their first round of pellets, however it may take up to two pellet insertions before experiencing their desired results.
What we offer
Abnormal Bleedingmore info
Menopause Managementmore info
Pelvic Painmore info
Uterine Fibroidsmore info
Vaginal Drynessmore info
STD Testingmore info
Family Planningmore info
Hormone Replacement Therapymore info
Hormone Balance (bioTE)more info